Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Devil of Greed

I was thinking about what sort of devil to draw for September, and I came back to an image that came to me in a dream I had some years ago. It was one of those rare dreams I get where everything is classical 2D animation, very colorful and well-rendered. I dreamed about this sophisticated foppish devil who dressed like a dandy and carried a cane. He was a very rotund fellow with an evil grin, like he knew all your weaknesses, and was ready to use them to trap you in a bargain for your soul. This here's the pencil drawing I did of him, and hopefully I'll be able to color it before the month is out...

2 comments:

  1. Wicked!! Love the dandy fop. There's something kinda Richard Williams and very creepy about this one. De~vil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's weird trying to draw something from a dream, I'm not sure I completely got it. I'll see how I feel about it once he's coloured

    ReplyDelete